for 2nd hand kindle user :
The message “Unable to Connect There was an error while registering your Kindle. Please try again later.”
- Must have the updated firmware installed
- Must have access to WiFi
- Must not be reported as stolen or lost
- Must have the correct Amazon ID and password – vs setting up a new user ID
Not solved? it means the original owner reported the Kindle lost or stolen to Amazon, you won’t be able to register it. Amazon won’t give you the original owner’s info.
Why? If the original owner reported the Kindle lost or stolen to Amazon, you won’t be able to register it. Amazon won’t give you the original owner’s info.
For New kindle :
Before you begin, make sure that:
- Your device or software application is running the latest available version.
- You’re entering the login information (i.e. email address or mobile number) you use to sign into your Amazon account.
- Your Amazon login information is current by going to Your Account.
- Your email client is not filtering incoming mail from Amazon to a junk or spam folder if you login with your email.
Amazon requires an additional authentication process when registering certain devices and software applications. Follow these steps to complete registration if this is the case:
- Choose the option to register your device or software application.
- Enter your login information to sign into your Amazon account (i.e. email address or mobile number). An email or text will be sent using the same method you choose.
- Check for a notification via email or text from Amazon containing a temporary one time password. It is time sensitive and must be used within 10 minutes of receipt.
- Register your device or software application using the same email address or mobile number used in Step 2, along with the temporary password.
- Your device or software application should now be successfully registered to your Amazon account.